Tuesday 2 June 2015

Have started residing!

I have started residing in the Art School! I managed to get in early to give me a chance to settle... which is just as well.. I took residence yesterday and was frankly miserable! 

When I planned this residency I imagined it would be warm and bright in the space. I imagined taking breaks on a sunny fire escape and working with window wide open. I worried that I have no painting clothes cool enough for summer!

But how horrible is this weather?! 

I suffer from seasonal affective disorder and so really struggle with bad weather. And with so little sunlight the space is a teeny bit too dark to paint in for me. So was a bit forlorn yesterday.

Today I bought a light... who I have named... and once he was up it perked me up no end. (Though I admit I nearly cried trying to put him together without a screw driver and spanner!)

Now I just have to create some work.. wish me luck? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment